Where have all the soldiers gone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where have all the soldiers gone?

Post  Aussie Nick on Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Come on guys, where has everyone gone, there was a good forum going for a while, then everything stopped! was it because the site was down for a couple of days?
Aussie Nick Crying or Very sad
Aussie Nick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Where have all the soldiers gone??

Post  Kentish Lad on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:48 am

Hi Nick

I was thinking the same even Tug seems to have gone into hibernation is it something we said!! Terry Giffoird never let me know how he got on at Arnhem, he most likley does not want to tell!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed

Kentish Lad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where have all the soldiers gone?

Post  Tug Wilson on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:42 am

I agree with you both,this site could be much better with banter,views,jokes and repartee but it would appear that the 3 Para members would rather stick to what is at best a message board,which is a shame considering the trouble taken by some members to set up this Forum.I have" looked in" on most days in the hope that some others had posted.I have been disappointed.
Tug Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Nick on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:58 pm

Bill and Tug, Flash of enlightenment whilst sitting on the dunnie. the reunion club consists of all ranks, past and present, so it follows that the categories I will mention are also in use.
"New" New boys. New boys. "Old New boys."New Old boys. Old boys, and "Old" Old boys. Perhaps the reasons for not participating in the forum are:-
The New New boys are told to keep quiet until they get some more slipstream up their A....!
The New boys dont write because they are busy building their military careers, and other things.
The Old New boys are worried stiff about impending "civvy street"!
The New Old boys are still in shock regarding being dumped in "civvy street".
The Old boys are worried that having worked for the last twenty years they may not have enough pension or superannuation to retire on.
The "Old" Old boys ( us!) we worry about being able to maintain an erection, there never being enough and never being able to pass a public toilet when out and about. And being totaly unable to trust a "FART"
Aussie Nick Laughing Laughing Laughing
Aussie Nick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tug Wilson on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:23 am

Bloody hell Nick what a versatile chappie you are, one minute you go all native on us with "Dunnies", and then you are throwing "Freudian" Psychology at us as well.The trouble is that all you have said about us "Old" Old members is quite true in all respects,the saying that old people are full of wind & piss i have found to be true the older i am getting!!!!and the reference to "erections" is also true,they are rarer than " Bobbys on the Beat" few and far between,or waiting a long time for a Bus and then two come along at the same time!!!(Come to think about it a bit like this site at the moment)
Tug. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tug Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Nick on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Whoopee Tug, half your luck, two busses in a row. They must "come" VIA......GRA!
Aussie Nick Rolling Eyes Wink Wink
Aussie Nick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tug Wilson on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:13 am

No Nick,happy to say that i have never used the stuff,i am told you get a stiff neck or something when using it. Rolling Eyes Have to say that i like the new Avatar you are now sporting,much better than that "Jumping Rat/Roo"thing you had before.
Sean sent me a copy of D Coy orbat from the early 60s and some details of D Coy "mounted" troop!!!! i will post them on here when i can get my scanner to play ball,Knackered at the moment(come on Sean,give us your first hand accounts,those of us who did not serve in D Coy would love to hear about your escapades and how it came about)
I hope that all is well with you who live under the "Southern Cross" and don't let them Termites get near your boot laces,i thought it was bad enough to get a mole hill in me back garden,let alone one of those termite mountains!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tug Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kentish Lad on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:08 am

Well Nick & Tug,

It seems that you two are the only ones to respond to my request I thought Terry G might have a word. I will now give you a real blast from the past who I believe is in contact with Nick, Stan (Spenny) Causer. The problem with Spenny is you never know if he will be in contact becuase he either uses the wrong email address or his lap top goes down. He has not changed by the way. He lives in Alysham nr Dover in sheltered accomodation, one day he put a stew on a low flame and walked down the Post Office (They still have one!!!), he then stood and spoke to an old friend he had not seen for some time, then to the chinesse for a take away (Forgetting his stew!!). As he left the shop a fore engine came roaring round the corner, Spen of course wonder why, he soon found out!!! Luckily it was only smoke damage but as you can guess he is still living it down. Especially as they were called out the following week and were giving himn some grieve. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kentish Lad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tug Wilson on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:51 am

Bill,
I believe you will find that Terry G is down at Aldershot for the P Coy 10 miler weekend that the FOC organise,i think i have seen his picture there this weekend on the site.
I am not in contact with "Spen" although he might remember me from my time in SP Coy A/Tks in the 106mm days,if when you next see/speak to him please give him my best regards.I had to laugh, although i know it was serious about the "Stew"It would appear that us "Old" old members are the only ones bothered with this site,sad realy init???
Best wishes Bill,
Tug.
Tug Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kentish Lad on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:13 pm

Cheers Tug,

Glad you did not notice my old boy mistake Bugger it was a fire engine. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Kentish Lad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tug Wilson on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:01 pm

I did Bill but i am a polite chap, and i am sure that i have made just as many mistakes if you look through my posts. Laughing
Tug Wilson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussie Nick on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm

G'day Tug,
sorry you didn't like my rooting roo, mind you when the site crashed I thought perhaps it was the rooting roo that had upset the delicate members of 3 Para. I seem to remember that most guys were really sensitive especially in the NAAFI Club on a Thursday pay day and the sight of an avatar with a copulating boomer would be enough to send most guys screaming to their Sarn't Major as opposed to things being thrown through the windows of the NAAFI Club and whacking the MP's outside. Just remembered the acronym for NAAFI. No Ambition And F... A.. Interest.
O.C. may get a few bites on the site as well.
Aussie Nick. Very Happy Very Happy
Aussie Nick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kentish Lad on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:29 am

Hi Nick,

I do not remember any delicate chappies in 3 Para, names like Gil Ghani, Alan Coates and company "Get your knickers down!!" do not seem to be that delicate do they. Of course I was not one of the rough ones!!! My plan was to go to the NAFFI on Wednesday night when I was skint and see if any of the WRACS or QRANS were in as they were told to keep away from those Paras, which mean't lets go and see why!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kentish Lad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top