3parareunion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Falklands Dissertation

2 posters

Go down

Falklands Dissertation Empty Falklands Dissertation

Post  10055991 Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi,

I've been directed here in the hope that I may be able to make some headway with my uni project.

I am in my 3rd year of history and am doing my dissertation on

“THE FALKLANDS CONFLICT 1982: A STUDY OF THE PARACHUTE REGIMENT (2 & 3 PARA) AND THE SIGNIFICANT ROLE THEY PLAYED.”

I wish to approach the work from an oral history point of view and have thus far managed to arrange interviews in January from those participant in Mount Longdon Darwin/Goose Green and Wireless Ridge. In addition to the battles, and the contribution made on the battlefield I will also be looking at the journey south, feelings of those embarking on the journey and the journey back home. As my research has developed and I’ve spoken to some veterans, it has become clear that a chapter devoted to the after effects of the War will be necessary and so I will be including a chapter on P.T.S.D. also. As well as this I will include a chapter on the history and the elite mentality of the Parachute Regiment, as well as the training that shapes the Parachute Soldier.

I understand that some people will not want to talk to me about their experience as it is very personal to them; some may only wish to discuss certain aspects, and some will only want to do it by email, as opposed to formally meeting to discuss. Any questions I ask I will be forwarding in advance so that the interviewee can remove those they don’t wish to answer, or change any as they see fit. Any material I use will be run past them after every draft I do.

Thanks for reading this, and apologies for not being airborne!

Back to top Go down

Falklands Dissertation Empty ???

Post  DaveH Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Have this person been cleared Jurno? we have had some on TBAFC site same patter. Question
DaveH
DaveH

Back to top Go down

Falklands Dissertation Empty Re: Falklands Dissertation

Post  10055991 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi there,

I think I've now been cleared as a non-journalist. So am just wondering if there's anybody willing to talk to me for my dissertation?

Thanks for your time

Smile

Back to top Go down

Falklands Dissertation Empty Re: Falklands Dissertation

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down