3parareunion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June the month for British Battles

3 posters

Go down

June the month for British Battles Empty June the month for British Battles

Post  Aussie Nick Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 pm

18th June 1815 (Waterloo)

Pte William Nicholson served with Lt Col Francis Holmes Company 2nd Battalion 3rd Regiment Foot Guards (Now the Scots Guards)at the defence of Heugemount Farm on this day. He was woulnded in the left shoulder and as a result was discharged on 24 Dec 1815 as being unfit for further service (Merry Christmas) He was my Great, Great, Great Grandfather.

Aussie Nick
Aussie Nick
Aussie Nick

Back to top Go down

June the month for British Battles Empty I Knew were a Gobbin at Heart

Post  Kentish Lad Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

Hi Nick,

Now the truth is out and you have a "Gobbin" in the family, never mind I suppose it is better than a Pony Soldier!!

Kentish Lad

Back to top Go down

June the month for British Battles Empty KENTISH LAD

Post  Aussie Nick Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:41 am

I knew that this would get a bite, especially on an airborne site!

As well as being in the 3rd Foot Guards, He also served prior to this, 9 years and 4 months with the Stirlingshire Militia, And!!!...
he was born in Holywood County Down!!
One can choose ones friends, but not ones relatives. Jeez! no wonder I fled to the colonies.

So please, lots of decorum on the 3 Para forum.
Aussie Nick. Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Aussie Nick
Aussie Nick

Back to top Go down

June the month for British Battles Empty Aussie Nick

Post  Kentish Lad Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:22 am

I thought that perhaps Terry G or Tug Wilson would have picked up on the "Pony Soldier" crack because they had to put up with him as well. I was never in his Company but I do know he was not that popular!!
Very Happy

Kentish Lad

Back to top Go down

June the month for British Battles Empty Re: June the month for British Battles

Post  Tug Wilson Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:16 pm

No bill i was never in his company,but i did have the dubious pleasure of serving under another ex "Gobbin" from Guards Ind Coy when he first came to the Bn and took over Support Company in Guillimont Bks(Spelling) i got an extra two weeks of Company Orderly Sgt on his first day, for not tabbing my feet in in front of his desk and asking to resume my duties!!!! He later became RSM and got shot if you remember,anyway where have you been? the last time we spoke was the Colours Parade on Queens Avenue 97 or 98.
Tug Wilson
Tug Wilson

Back to top Go down

June the month for British Battles Empty Kentish Lad

Post  Kentish Lad Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:07 am

Hi Tug,

Yes it was at Aldershot for the Presentation of the colours. Were you refering to RSM Channon? He was my Nemisis, he died recently and when I told Spenny Causer (remember him?), he said there would not be many at that funeral then!! I am also in touch with "Herman" Wright whose real name is Eric and I never knew that!! Very Happy

Now living in Folkestone trying to keep out of trouble!!

Bill

Kentish Lad

Back to top Go down

Post  Tug Wilson Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:41 pm

You got it Bill,
I seen to remember you saying when we last met that you were sometimes up in this neck of the woods,if so, let me know and we can meet up and chew the rag and swing a lantern or two.
Well now there's two names from the distant past,Sven Causer,and Herman "The German" Wright he of the Luger fame and the Cpls mess clock,the last i heard of Herman he was something high up in the "Plod" are either of them registered on this site?
You might remember another Tug Wilson who was in D Coy,he was known as "Sparra",well he left the Bn shortly after the second tour of Bahrain and lives just around the corner from me,i am also in contact each month with Dennis Falkard and Mike Davis(Ex payman) when i see them at the Norwich PRA,i see you have already rekindled Comms with Nick in Auss.
Take care and run fast.
Tug.
Tug Wilson
Tug Wilson

Back to top Go down

June the month for British Battles Empty Tug Wilson

Post  Kentish Lad Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:50 am

Hi Tug,

Yes we do get about in our motor home we were in Norwich in May but only for a couple of days, will try and arrange something later in the year. "Herman" will be at Airborne Forces South on the Sunday. He is Standard Bearer for the Chichester PRA, I always said he was full of B......t!! He is in contact with Ginger Valance, now there is a name from the past. He tells me that he is not very well in is in a special hospital in the midlands. He is also in contact with Joe Lyall who was also and old C Coy lad.

I will try and keep well but the running is out of the question!! Very Happy

Bill Very Happy

Kentish Lad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down